Sen. Ted Cruz held a press conference Tuesday afternoon when he returned to the Senate for the first time since suspending his campaign for president.
Cruz would not say if he would endorse Donald Trump, noting it has only been a week since he suspended his campaign and there is 6 months to go until election day. Asked if he would be okay with his supporters voting for Trump in the general election the Texas Senator said, "I trust the people."
"In regards to re-entering the race if circumstances change? Is there a second act?" a reporter asked Cruz.
"Listen, we have suspended the campaign," Cruz began. "We've suspended the campaign because I can see no viable path to victory. Of course if that changed we would reconsider things."
"But let's be clear, we're not going to win Nebraska today. There should be no mystery, no excitement in that. We've withdrawn from the campaign and it's in the hands of the voters. If circumstances change, we'll always assess changed circumstances, but I appreciate the eagerness and excitement of all the folks in the media to see me back in the ring. But you may have to wait a little bit longer," he said.
Earlier in the press availability Cruz said he was not interested in a third-party bid for the presidency.
"I am certainly disappointed with the outcome, that I disappointed so many millions of grassroots activists across this country," Cruz said of the primary. "If you want to know my greatest disappointment, my greatest disappointment is that I wasn't able to win for them. That I came up short and disappointed their efforts, their time, their passion."
"That passion is going to continue, the conservative movement, I believe, will only continue to get stronger," Cruz said. "I believe the American people are fed up with the disasters of the Obama-Clinton economy. This movement will continue. I will continue to press in the Senate the very same things I pressed for on the campaign trail."