Advertisement
Send tips to video@realclearpolitics.com

Real Clear Politics Video

The Latest Politics, News & Election Videos

Trumka Has "Demands" For Wall Street, Warns Vote Against Jobs Bill At "Own Peril"

AFL-CIO chief Richard Trumka warns opponents to President Obama's jobs plan in an interview with MSNBC.

"Look, enough of this nonsense. Help us get people back to work. Help us with infrastructure. Help us resurrect manufacturing. Give us some aid to state and local governments so they don't continue to lay off people. Help us put people back to work or you do so at your own peril. And I think it's going to have a tremendous effect. You see what's happening on Wall Street right now, on thousands and millions probably of people agree with what the message is. That this economy is working for 99 -- for 1% of the people and the rest of us, the other 99% are getting left behind in this economy. So those that support the 1%, I think are going to have a tough time next year explaining to the American public why they didn't step up to the plate and create jobs," Mr. Trumka told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow.

After warning Republicans not to vote against Obama's jobs bill, which at the moment the Democrats are not putting it up for a vote, Trumka said he had some "demands" for Wall Street.

"What they're doing is saying what all of us believe and what we know. Look, Wall Street created this mess. They destroyed $13 trillion in value. And we have a couple of simple demands for them. One, we want them to invest in America. Big business and Wall Street. To invest in America and create jobs. They have $2 trillion parked in accounts across the country," Trumka said to Maddow.

In The News

Most Watched

Video Archives - October 2013

SMTWTFS
12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031