RealClearPolitics Media Watch

« Coverage of Oil Spill Has Been Good, Getting Better | Media Watch Home Page | NBC, ABC, CBS All Lead With Lack Of Government Involvement In Oil Spill »

White House Responds To Sestak Job Allegations

Was Sestak offered a job to drop out of the PA Democratic primary for Senate or not? That is the question. Sestak admits he was offered a job, which is illegal under U.S. code, but the White House denies anything "inappropriate" happened.

Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) told CNN last week that he was offered a job to drop out. Sestak was asked about the job offer again on 'Meet the Press' this past Sunday, but wouldn't give details.

The White House is now trying to play catch up and sent out its best spokespeople to clarify the issue.

Robert Gibbs told CBS' 'Face the Nation' that he's not a lawyer, but added nothing inappropriate happened.

President Obama's senior adviser David Axelrod used a similar line on today's 'Daily Rundown.' "It's been looked into" and "nothing inappropriate happened," he told NBC's Chuck Todd.

Even though this story is now in the media cycle, Sestak told FOX News in mid-February that he was offered a job in the administration to drop out of the primary.