RCP Interviews Senator Ron Wyden
RealClearPolitics recently interviewed Senator Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) about health care reform. Senator Wyden, whom was rumored to be a potential nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services, is the co-author along with Senator Bob Bennett (R-Utah) of the Healthy Americans Act.
1. More influence as HHS Secretary or as Senator?
2. How important is it to get health care spending under control?
3. Where are some of the areas in which we're spending wastefully?
4. What are the alternatives to the pay-for-procedure system?
5. Are MDs performing unnecessary procedures for fear of lawsuits?
6. Must Medicare reform precede changing the rest of the system?
7. Why is your plan attractive to Republicans?
8. Will your plan anger people who like the insurance they already have?
9. How challenging is it to discuss health care reform without confusing people?
10. Do we need a national discussion about end-of-life care?